background

Friday, November 15, 2013

Sometimes I win, when I lose.


Sometimes it's the things I don't do. I felt like a terrible mom, lying in bed, sick all day. And it's just realized then, when I'm decommissioned (and my children are undoubtedly wandering the house hungry) that I discover my two oldest girls know how to make Quiche for dinner, and I suddenly I feel like I won.





I hate not doing, so being sick is the worst. And sometimes I can almost hear God saying how the world still turns without me. And my girls can make Quiche ta-boot. Because it's in His hands, that never weary, and never have sick days. And when I lose, when my strength fails, it does me a lot of good. For I'm finally resting completely in His strength; and that's a win.


the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1 Corinthian 1:25  


Together in Grace,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment