background

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas is For Living.




I want them to experience it up close. I want it to be their own, embraced like faith. I want Christmas to be as real and reachable as He is.




Christmas was for the shepherds to gather in His presence. Christmas was and is for all because Jesus came for all. I want my children to live all that He is. So I bring Christmas as close as I can to them: let them finger the pages of His Christmas story, sing the carols playing, rearrange the chippy nativity scene, have trees filled with their own pieces of Christmas glowing by their beds. For joy is in the drawing near to Him. That is Christmastime.  




Today I see His love in their faces of joy. He is that joy.

Luke 2
15 So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, “Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us.” 16 And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger. 17 Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning this Child. 18 And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds. 19 But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart. 
  20 Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and
 praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, 
as it was told them.

Together in grace,
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment