background

Monday, December 3, 2012

Light up the Darkness.

I'm afraid of the dark. I always have been. I'm inwardly scared every time I shut up my chickens after the sun has gone down. But I do it every night, like a dare against my beating heart. I crane for little beady animal eyes glowing in the beam of my flashlight and thankfully I haven't seen anything other than my cat staring back at me.

Last night I went out with tangled strands of thrift store lights, big colored bulbs. The sun was setting as I plugged in the glowing colors, and the Mr. and I wrapped up the pine trees in front, and hung a swag of lights around the roof's edge. Why not make a tacky house a little tackier, right? It wasn't much, but as I stepped back into the dark of night when we'd finished, I realized how much the cheer of the lights replaced all my fear of the dark. I stood by those lights and felt nothing but childish excitement.

He does that; Jesus replaces my fear with His light. He replaces the darkness in my life with the light of Himself. For there is no darkness in Him. So, for day 1 of the December Photo Challenge (which I am not posting until day 3 owing to four sick children) I am thankful for this season of Light which began when the brightest of stars lit up the night sky.

Matthew 2
9 the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. 10 When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. 11 On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him.



 
John12:46
I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness. 

Today I was shown His love in a shining strand of colored lights. 
His light shines so much brighter.

Together in Grace, 
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment