background

Monday, August 8, 2011

Unveiled.

            I sit quietly in the dark with Jesus. His loving speech pours out to me over smooth pages in my hand. He says, “behold My glory with an unveiled face.”
          Light softens the edges of darkness at the mountain’s peak.
He doesn’t hold back like I do.
Brightness comes; light seeping over the mountains and hills—His glory, light all around me. My eyes wide open, stare at His perfection, unwilling to look away toward the troubles of the day, the to-do’s, the plans. Can I linger in His glory longer? Can I hide my flaws behind His brilliance? He gently tells me no; that He has come to pour light on my way, that He’s not going anywhere.
                I respond humbled, “Lord, may I take each step with You today, in Your light. May each word I choose, each thought captured, be unveiled in your surrounding presence.” I feel shy under His gaze. I look up to Him, my face no longer shadowed. “Am I beautiful?”
                Am I beautiful?
                “Yes, Lord, You are.” His beauty surrounds me—each tree covered hilltop shades of color, beholding as a mirror the glory of God.
                Behold me as a mirror. Reflect me, for you are mine. And you are transformed. Beautiful. Unveiled.
                Footsteps patter into my room, and my arms hold my smiling daughter. I am ready for my day to begin. I pull back the curtain for her. Do you see anything that shows you God loves you, Esme? Look out the window.”
                She stares quietly. “Mama, I see the sun. And I see a love heart of a leaf right there.”
                Sweet slumber now unveiled from her face, beautiful girl, she sees it too.


But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the spirit of the Lord.
2 Corinthians 3:18

The earth is filled with Your love, O Lord.
Psalm 119:64


“…who has shown in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God…” 
2 Corinthians 4:6
 


You might also like: Manna in the Morning, or Things Unseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment