background

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Things Unseen.

 
Someone is coming, so I bring loads of laundry, albeit clean, to hide behind the closed doors of my room. Children are well rehearsed not to open mommy’s door. I’m looking at outward things. I judge myself, won’t they too?

Yesterday, it was a day with a dear friend, fellow mom. We open the closed doors of our hearts to the true selves. She sees the unfinished work. Together, we look upward with our prayers, with our cross, with our dreams.

And when I am home again, I sigh at the closed door. I dread the things seen behind it. It’s not merely the heavy loads of laundry, it’s the loads of striving, the failure too.

Why do I sit with my back towards heaven?  Why are my eyes accustomed to the dim, when, so close, God Himself is singing for my embrace? The earth seems to shout out praise, “When we’ve been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun…” There the dust, and the laundry, and the dishes will have passed away; there, the Lord, the Unseen-- all I see.

God’s love is, to our eyes, seeing Him, the Unseen. His love fills the earth; He is everywhere we look. I saw Him yesterday in a friend. How great is His love. Love enough to let me depend on His faithfulness. Love enough to make me weak. His love, a picture of the unseen.

Lord, help me not to dwell on the work of my hands, but the hands who created me. Help me not to base my value in earthly accomplishments—but solely in Yours. Help me not to see the brokeness, but the broken hearted, not my unfinished work, but Your finished work. Help me not to see heavy loads of laundry, but your love, loads of love,  giving me the little ones to wear  these clothes. Not the stains, but the stain of your blood which washed me clean. Help me not to look at my own struggles, but to Your strength.  Thank you for loving me on both sides of the closed door.  No condemnation. You are my love. I am yours. Thank you for telling me.

2 Corinthians 4:18
While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the eternal things which are not seen are eternal.
 
                                                                                                   Seeing...


                                                                                                                                          Experiencing...



                            Wonders of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment