background

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Right Words.

His words, reaching to me from each page, especially now. His words, the only ones that can truly reach the hurt, the only words that fully know my heart and speak to it. And these words from an old hymn today, I heard them in my soul. I hope they speak to you too.


Jesus! What a friend for sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.

Refrain: Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Hallelujah! What a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.

Jesus! What a strength in weakness!
Let me hide myself in Him.
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing,
He, my strength, my victory wins.

Jesus! What a help in sorrow!
While the billows o’er me roll,
Even when my heart is breaking,
He, my comfort, helps my soul

Jesus! What a guide and keeper!
While the tempest still is high,
Storms about me, night overtakes me,
He, my pilot, hears my cry.

Jesus! I do now receive You,
more than all in You I find.
You hath granted me forgiveness,
I am Yours, and You are mine.

Refrain: Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Hallelujah! What a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
You are with me to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment