background

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Season it is.

The seasons are changing. A long road from here to there, 2,000 miles of pavement just beneath my tires, seeing it all: the colors of fall, the smell, the tastes. In a blink, children need new shoe sizes, bigger helpings at the table; have toothless gaps in their smiles. Seasons change. Some winters seem too long for my liking, summers too hot, but at the perfect turning of His watch, the overdue season is born.
                At times I live in long winters; the sun may hide from my cold bones for a while.  But a new season will enter. He promises. I saw the new season wash over this earth these days past. It reminded me. I am filled with hope. Are you?

The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.
                                                           Deuteronomy 28:12
 






2 comments: