background

Monday, September 5, 2011

Is She Yours?

“Is she yours?” the young woman asked him, night stars hung in the sky.
                   
“All the children here are mine,” he answered, rocking the young, outcast girl in 
his arms, “And all the old ones, my parents. We are family. We are one.”
      
Lines from an old John Depp movie, lines I heard deeper than my ears.  
We are family. We are one. 
 
Lord, that we as a body of Christ would echo this sentiment. That all 
would be welcomed, all loved. That all would be sheltered in times 
of need, all protected in times of hurt, all fed in times of famine. That
all would be brothers, sisters, children, parents-- one family with only 
good blood between us, His blood. That we as a family, we as a body, 
would be one. 
 
God's love sonnet to me today, that He has called me His own.  
  
John 17:20-23
I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe 
in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, 
Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, 
that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which 
You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:  
23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and 
that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as 
You have loved Me.
 

2 comments: